This is the first time we have had any kind of Halloween celebration at our house. But as the tradition is coming this way more and more, we had to give in some. The kids did not get to go "trick or treat", but Linn Amalie got to invite some of her classmates to our house.
But I have celebrated Halloween before, as I have lived in the US for two years. Actually the decoration with the cat on it below here, is from 1986, when I lived in Tahlequah, OK. And since it has been stored neatly since then, it's very usable. The girls loved them, as there is more than the one in the pic.
As we haven't done any of this before, Linn Amalie has never carved a pumpkin either. So I let her do her own. She sure did not like the feel and smell, when she cleaned it out *lol*, so I had to finish it for her. She then drew the face that she wanted on it, and I cut it out.

Oh so gross.....

Here are our pumpkins, the one on the right is Linn Amlies and the one on the left is the one that I made.(I did use a pattern though)

We used lots of spider web in the house, Linn Amalie even put it on the chairs. So now we still have spiderweb all over, as it clings to everything.


I served the kids "mummy" hot dogs, spider muffins, jello with "bugs", pop corn and candy. Wow were they high on sugar when they went home *lol*

Spider muffin!

5 kommentarer:
Ikke bare bare når nye tradisjoner "popper opp". Herlige gresskar dere har skjärt ut, har fremdeles ikke prövd meg på det for jeg fikk ikke tak i noen. Mumie pölsene var også digg :)
Very cute stuff, Ann and your Halloween treats look yummy!!
Så stilige gresskarlykter. Ser ut til at dere har kost dere:)
Så koselig, det er jammen kult med litt skikkelig halloween-selskap med gjennomført stil altså! Digga muffinsen, og pølsene ser jo kjempegode ut :D
Adorable pictures it looks like you has so much fun :o)
Suzy
Legg inn en kommentar